2 injured, 1 seriously, in Tewksbury fire

TEWKSBURY, MA (WHDH) - Two people were injured, one of them seriously, after a house went up in flames Monday evening in Tewksbury.

The fire sparked at a house on South Rhoda Street. Neighbor Mike Squires said he helped two police officers rescue an elderly man, whose clothes had caught fire.

“His daughter was at the doorway screaming. And her father was on fire,” said Squires. “So we ran over and pulled him out of the house.”

The 84-year-old man was taken to a grassy patch in the cul-de-sac and Squires said his shirt had to be cut off. The man was airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital with severe burns. His daughter was taken to a local hospital with smoke inhalation and is expected to be OK.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus