6 taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Watertown

WATERTOWN, MA (WHDH) - Six people were taken to the hospital Wednesday night after a carbon monoxide leak forced an evacuation of a Watertown apartment building.

The building manager said a malfunctioning furnace in the laundry room caused the leak. People from the 16-unit apartment building on Riverside Road evacuated but have since been let back inside once crews gave the all-clear.

The building manager said the apartments have carbon monoxide detectors but they did not go off because the leak happened in the laundry room.

Three adults and three children were taken to the hospital.

(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)