Fire damages several businesses in Dorchester

DORCHESTER, MA (WHDH) - Boston Fire is investigating after flames broke out on Saturday around 2:30 a.m. on Adams Street in Dorchester.

Six businesses in ‘Adams Village’ were burning when crews arrived on scene.

The fire started in the basement that all of the business share. It then spread up the walls and came out through the outlets.

The fire was kept to the basement, so the businesses only saw smoke damage upstairs.

The building’s owner Joe Blasi, who’s father purchased it in the 1950’s, said they will be re-opening the businesses as soon as possible.

Mayor Marty Walsh arrived on scene around 9 a.m. to see the damage and talk with the locals.

Boston Fire believes the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit in the common basement.

Crews estimate the damage will cost $700,000.

There were no injuries reported.

(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)