NEW YORK (NBC) - An e-cigarette exploded in a man’s pants while he was at work in New York on Wednesday.
The incident happened at Central Cellars in the Grand Central Terminal Wednesday morning.
Surveillance video showed what looked like fireworks after the e-cig exploded in Otis Gooding’s pants pocket.
The explosion sent the men running out of the store.
Gooding was taken to the hospital to be treated for burns.
He is in stable condition.
No other workers were injured.
Officials say the incident had no impact on train service at the transit hub.
(Copyright 2016 NBC News Channel. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)