House catches fire during turkey fry in Gardner

GARDNER, Mass. (WHDH) — A couple is safe after a cooking fire outside their house spread, trapping one woman inside.

Shane Cormier said he was letting his turkey fryer warm up when he went inside to get something.

By the time he returned the house was on fire.

Cormier's girlfriend, Shiloh Meehan, was trapped inside with their cat and he immediately jumped into action.

“I just heard like a whoosh and I heard Shiloh yell from the bedroom,” Cormier said.

He said he pulled the window off the couple’s bedroom and then pulled Meehan out of the house.

“It makes you really thankful on Thanksgiving that you’re thankful for the ones you have and the ones who love you,” Meehan said.

When asked if he would ever consider frying a turkey again, Cormier said "Maybe, if I were in a desert.”

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus