SPRINGFIELD, MA (WHDH) - A 12-year-old girl called 911 Sunday after finding her mother and three other women unresponsive in a Springfield home.
When emergency crews arrived, they found two women had pulses, and the other two did not.
Police say the women overdosed on heroin.
All four were given the opiate reversal drug Narcan, after which they became alert and were taken to local hospitals.
The four women say they thought they had bought cocaine.
Drug paraphernalia found inside the home will be tested to see if the heroin was mixed.
Concerned neighbors say it is alarming to see the opioid epidemic hit so close to home.
“Scary, it’s scary, this is a quiet neighborhood and you think that people would not do that,” said Springfield resident Diane Rocheford. “But how many cases have there been when the parents are passed out and the kids are sitting there behind them?”
(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)