Rape suspect faces new sexual assault charges in Quincy

QUINCY, MA (WHDH) - A man accused of several sexual assaults in the Boston area is now facing new charges of rape and kidnapping in Quincy.

Steven Lent, 27, allegedly met up with two prostitutes he met online in March at the Louisburg Square Apartments. Lent was wearing a court-ordered GPS tracking bracelet at the time. According to court documents, one of the women had a bad feeling about Lent and refused to enter his apartment. She waited outside and called 911 when she allegedly heard screaming coming from the apartment.

Police said Lent claimed he had no money and repeatedly raped the woman as he held a knife to her throat. A Quincy Police officer said he found the woman running through the apartment’s parking lot naked. She allegedly told the officer that she had been attacked with a knife.

Lent also faces trial for allegedly attacking four other women last year in Allston. Three of the women in those cases were college students. Suffolk County prosecutors said video surveillance and DNA linked Lent to the Allston sexual assaults.

Lent pleaded not guilty in court Tuesday to the Quincy charges. He claims the encounter was consensual and the woman tried to extort money from him.

Lent is considered at such a risk for reoffending that he is being held without bail. He faces a dangerousness hearing on June 3.

(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)