Man, young girl rescued from N.H. fire

NASHUA, N.H. (WHDH) — Firefighters were able to pull a man and child from a burning apartment building in Nashua, N.H.

When crews responded, smoke was coming from the second floor of the building. According to Nashua fire chief Kevin Kerrigan, the fire was caused by a candle.

"The smoke detectors did sound and that’s what woke the people up. So the smoke detectors did work to get them out of the house,” Kerrigan said.

The man who was rescued was not hurt, but the young girl was treated for smoke inhalation.