MANCHESTER, N.H. (WHDH) - Emergency officials are investigating the cause of a fire at a Manchester, New Hampshire, home Wednesday.
According to the fire marshal, the department was notified of the fire on Patricia Lane. The fire was knocked down in about half an hour.
Officials said the single family home was occupied with three people. An adult woman was home at the time of the fire.
The woman was transported to Elliot Hospital for smoke inhalation after she re-entered the home to save a group of dogs.
The fire marshal said there were numerous dogs, birds and a pig in and around the home. One cat was found dead inside the home.
The cause of the fire was determined to be the result of a malfunctioning commercial pet dryer that was in use at the time.
The estimated loss is approximately $50,000.
(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)