On race day, official participants are prohibited from carrying any of the following items when entering or within any Marathon venue, including B.A.A. shuttle buses and B.A.A. vehicles, Athletes’ Village in Hopkinton, the start area corrals and start area, the race course, and the finish area in Boston:
- Backpacks, any similar item carried over the shoulder, or handbags of any size.
- Glass containers.
- Any container capable of carrying more than 1 liter of liquid.
- Strollers, including baby strollers.
- Suitcases & rolling bags.
- Personal hydration system products (such as CamelBak®, Thor®, etc).
- Weight vests or any sort of vest with pockets (Note: lightweight running vests are allowable).
- Costumes covering the face or any non-form fitting, bulky outfits extending beyond the perimeter of the body.
- Props (including sporting equipment and military and fire/gear and signs or flags larger than 11 inches x 17 inches).
- Any item larger than 5 inches x 15 inches x 5 inches.
Please note: security at each location will have the authority to disallow other products or materials that it deems inappropriate.