Methuen fire leaves mother and child in hospital

METHUEN, MA (WHDH) - A rapidly growing fire in Methuen forced dozens of people out of their home Saturday night.

Officials say the fire in the multi-family home on Pleasant Street was started by a previous fire in the attic.

Everyone in that building made it out safely, but a mother and child living next door were hospitalized for smoke inhalation.

Fire fighters say the alarms in the home did not go off.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus