Officials were on scene for hours Wednesday night at Stavis Seafoods in South Boston after a massive ammonia leak.
The leak killed a worker and triggered a neighborhood lockdown.
We are learning that in 2009, Stavis paid more than $15,000 in fines after OSHA cited the company for several violations.
These violations included a deficient safety management program, and having more than 10,000 pounds of ammonia on site.
The company released a statement saying, in part:
"Our concern today is with the tragic death of our employee. They safety of our employees and our workplace is always our greatest priority."
(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)