WALTHAM, MA (WHDH) - Two homes were evacuated after a gas leak in Waltham Thursday evening.
National Grid and firefighters responded to 33 Francis St. after someone called 911, reporting they smelled gas. Firefighters said the leak was caused by a service line break.
No hazardous materials crews were on scene. Waltham’s fire chief said he hoped the residents could return to their homes by the end of the night.
(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)