6 adults, 1 student hospitalized after inhaling fumes at Boston school

BOSTON (WHDH) - The Boston Fire Department responded to an incident at a school in Boston in which six adults and one student were reportedly rushed to the hospital after inhaling fumes.

According to the department’s Twitter account, crews were called to the Manville School in Mission Hill.

Officials say a small phone charger overheated, and when water was poured on it, it released a vapor that reportedly made several people, including one student, sick.

Those affected people were rushed to the hospital. They are expected to be OK.

Fire crews responded to the incident, and Haz-Mat techs checked the school’s air quality, which registered as normal.

Fire crews removed the charger, and school is now back in session.

The school’s president said he was just glad no one was seriously hurt.

 

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus