These are perfect for an Easter basket or maybe dessert for your Easter dinner this Sunday!
Elaine Hsieh, Catharine Sweeney, Chocolatiers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ Tablespoons loose tea (your favorite)
- 8 oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder (for rolling truffles)
- Heat cream to a boil. Remove from heat, add tea, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in a bowl over a hot water bath or in microwave.
- When tea is done infusing, strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into the chocolate, making sure you squeeze all the liquid out of the tea.
- Mix with spatula until thick and pudding-like.
- Let sit at room temperature until cool, cover and refrigerate until thick but not stiff
- Place the cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Remove chocolate from refrigerator and using a spoon, scoop some out and roll between your hands into a ball (not a perfect ball, for truffles aren’t completely round), place into bowl of cocoa powder, roll around until it is completely covered and place on a plate or cookie sheet.
- When all your chocolate is rolled and covered in cocoa powder, you can store in a closed container in the refrigerator. Remove and bring to room temperature before serving.