Summer is the perfect time for a barbecue and this week a Cajun marinated rib eye from Smith and Wollensky is What’s Cooking.
Cajun Marinated Dry Aged Rib Eye
Spice Rub Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp White Pepper
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Thyme, dried, whole
Spice Rub Instructions
- Combine all ingredients, mix well.
- If not using in a marinade, simply rub steaks generously with Cajun spice rub on both sides and cook.
Cajun Marinade Ingredients
- 1 cup Salad Oil
- 1/2 cup Cajun Spice rub
- 1/2 Spanish Onion
Cajun Marinade Instructions
- Place ingredients into stock pot and simmer for one hour.
- Strain with a mesh fine hole strainer.
- Store in a plastic container.
To Marinate Steaks
- 1/2 cup Cajun Spice
- 1 cup Cajun Marinade
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, sliced
- 4 Rib Eye Steaks
- Use a fork to pierce the meat pressing the rub into the steak.
- Slice onions.
- Place the steaks and oil in a plastic container just large enough to hold them.
- Add oil to cover the steaks.
- Marinate in a refrigerator for two days.
- When cooking, season steaks with a bit of salt.
- Grill or broil to desired temperature.
- Finish with a bit of Cajun marinade