It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy locally grown produce so here’s a recipe that’s easy enough to make at home.
Roasted Cauliflower, Tapenade & Smoky Tomato Sauce
1 large head cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil
coarse salt & coarsely-ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower on your work surface, base side down. Using a very sharp knife, start at the
top center of the cauliflower head and cut down the center to divide it in half.
3. Carefully cut each cauliflower half into 1/2″ thick slices
4. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in two batches,
add cauliflower steaks, season with salt and pepper, and sear 2 – 3 minutes per side until
4. Roast cauliflower in the oven, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped kalamata olives
2 tsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp. diced fresh tomato
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. chopped mint
pinch black pepper
Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and toss well.
Smoky Tomato Sauce
1 cup La Valle crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. diced jalapeno
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
Place all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.