1 Teaspoon coffee extract
1/4 Teaspoon almond extract
2 pounds tempered dark chocolate
1/2-3/4 cup chopped dried tart cherries
1. Lay out a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
2. Stir the coffee and almond extracts into the chocolate, then the cherries.
3. Pour the chocolate in the center of the parchment paper. Scrape the sides down and start spreading the chocolate out to a uniform thickness with the offset spatula. Spread to about 18×13 inches. Use your gloved fingers to spread out the cherries if they get bunched up.
4. Let the bark sit until the chocolate has lost its wet look and starts to harden.
5. When it’s just set, but not moist, cut the bark with a chef’s knife. Start the cut with the tip of the knife and rock the rest of the blade into the bark.
(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)