If you have a sweet tooth, you won’t want to miss this. A Chocolate Fudge-Toasted Coconut Cupcake is What’s Cooking.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 ounces butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons espresso roast coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1-1/4 cup toasted coconut
Accompanied by the following to make a perfect combination:
- Gooey Coconut
- Almond Buttercream
- Sliced Sugar-Salted Almonds
- Simple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder then set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine coffee, sour cream and coconut milk.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add vanilla and one egg at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Turn the mixer to the lowest speed and add the flour mixture and coconut milk mixture, alternating between the 2, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Remove bowl from mixer and with a rubber spatula, fold the toasted coconut into the batter.
- Fill 24 cupcake liners 3/4-full with batter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- Cool the cupcakes completely.