Looking to try a new twist on shrimp scampi? Check out this recipe and video for skillet roasted Shrimp Al Ajillo from the Painted Burro in Somerville.
- 6 Ea White Gulf Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Roasted garlic & chipotle butter
- White wine
- Oaxaca cheese
- Cotija cheese
- Asadero cheese
- White corn meal
- Cook the cornmeal with milk to desired consistency, fold in the cheeses.
- Melt the chipotle butter in a sauté pan.
- Add the shrimp and wine.
- Cook until shrimp are done.
- Add cilantro.
- Place the warm cheesy grits in a bowl.
- Pour the shrimp and pan sauce over the grits and sprinkle with chopped parsley.