BOSTON (WHDH) - A woman was seriously injured Monday night when chimney collapsed on top of her in Boston’s North End section.
Emergency crews responded around 12 a.m. to a building on Charter Street for a report of chimney that had collapsed on top of a resident.
Officials say the woman, in her 20s, was on the roof in a hammock attached to the chimney when it gave way, trapping her under a pile of bricks.
Firefighters were able to extricate the woman from the bricks and take her down from the roof. She was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.
A building inspector has been called into to assess the incident.
(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)