CLAREMONT, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire authorities say 10 people, including residents and first responders, have been treated for carbon monoxide exposure at a home.

Authorities say there were high levels of the gas at the home. They were called to the scene late Thursday.

Fire investigators say the following were taken to hospitals: three occupants of the home, two friends who came by to visit, a police officer, two firefighters, and two EMS providers.

The cause of the carbon monoxide release was under investigation.

(Copyright (c) 2024 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox