Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. OBAMA HOLDS TALKS ON SECURITY, HUMAN RIGHTS IN ETHIOPIA
He's the first sitting American president to visit the East African nation.
2. WHO TARGETS KURDS IN NORTHERN SYRIAN REGION
Syria's main Kurdish militia and an activist group say Turkish troops fired several shells on a Syrian village near the border, where tensions have soared in recent days.
3. REMEMBERING YOUNG WOMEN SHOT AT MOVIES
The local business owner and radiology student slain by a gunman inside a Louisiana movie theater are laid to rest.
4. AP TRACKS MISSING SLAVE FISHING BOATS TO PAPUA NEW GUINEA
These trawlers fled a slave island in Indonesia 1,000 miles away with captives of a brutal trafficking ring whose catch reaches the U.S.
5. HOW CLINTON HOPES TO COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
The presidential candidate's strategies include revisions in the tax code to promote renewable energy.
6. WHY AFGHANISTAN BANS TOY GUNS
At least 184 people, nearly all children, suffer eye injuries over the recent Eid al-Fitr holiday from toy weapons that fire BB pellets and rubber shot, health officials say.
7. BOBBI KRISTINA BROWN, DAUGHTER OF WHITNEY HOUSTON, DEAD
The 22-year-old dies at a hospice facility in Georgia, about six months after she was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub in a suburban Atlanta home.
8. COLOMBIA UNEARTHS LANDFILL LOOKING FOR SCORES OF DISAPPEARED
Experts will begin removing 31,000 cubic yards of rubble from La Escombrera, where the remains of as many as 300 people are believed to have been dumped and which could be the country's biggest mass grave.
9. SHANGHAI SHARE INDEX DIVES MORE THAN 8 PERCENT
Chinese shares also suffer a renewed sell-off despite government efforts to support the market.
10. NON-COOL EAST PORTLAND SEEKS GREATER REPRESENTATION
A part of the city known for fashionable hipsters and devotion to public transit counters the narrative of livable, weird, predominantly white `Portlandia.'
(Copyright (c) 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)