LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say nearly 3 dozen animals were killed when flames ripped through a Los Angeles pet shop.
Fire Inspector Joey Marron says the blaze was reported around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Lennox area.
Marron says firefighters rescued about 250 animals including rabbits and birds. He says 35 fish, reptiles and other animals died.
Officials suspect an electrical problem sparked the fire. Animal control officers and the pet store owner are assisting investigators.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
(Copyright (c) 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)