More than two dozen people have been charged with state and federal drug and gun crimes as part of a gang sweep at a Boston housing project.Nineteen people were charged with distribution and possession of drugs and firearms in the Lenox Street Housing Development in the South End of Boston.
Federal charges were unsealed Thursday against 19 people accused of distribution and possession of drugs and guns in the Lenox Street Housing Development in Boston’s South End neighborhood.
Eight others from the same area were charged with drug distribution by state authorities.
An investigation began in January 2015 with a goal of stopping drug and gun trafficking in the Lenox Street Housing Development.
The Development and surrounding areas have historically suffered from violence that accompanies these illegal activities, according to the Department of Justice.
According to Boston Police, that area was one of the top 10 "hotspots for violence" in 2015.
The following people were charged with distribution of controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a public housing project:
- Byron Alexander, aka “Shizz”
- Dontane Bryant, aka “Tane”;
- Tyler Deloach, aka “Tek”;
- John Depina, aka “Dough”;
- Stephen Freeman, aka “Stizz”;
- Perry Hasberry, aka “Percy”
- Rasean Hills, aka “Bleed”;
- Keron-Randall Lewis, aka “Talent”;
- Frank Melo, aka “Cuts”;
- Pablo Moreta, aka “Migo”;
- Anthony Nunez, aka “Dizzo”;
- Hassan Parham, aka “Hizzy”;
- James Richardson, aka “9-Ball”;
- Derek Roberts, aka “Keas”;
- Ellis Santos, aka “Slim Black”;
- Anthony Williams aka “Batz.
The following people were charged with distribution of a controlled substance:
- Lawrence Bogarty, aka “LB”;
- Daryl Tolbert, aka “Blaze.”
The following people were charged with felon-in-possession of a firearm and ammunition:
- George Deeble, aka “Smiley”;
- Pablo Moresta, aka “Migo.
Ten of the 19 people were arrested Thursday morning and will appear in court Thursday afternoon.
The Suffolk District Attorney’s office also charged eight people in connection.
The following were charged with distribution of cocaine:
- Spencer Oyeyemi
- Danielle Stokes
- Monique McFarlin
- Marquetta Matthews
In addition, Hector Delvalle was charged with distribution of heroin; Shomari Copeland was charged with distribution of methampheatmine; Markus Perry was charged with possession of a firearm; and Steven Allen was charged with possession and illegal sale of a firearm and ammunition.
An investigation is ongoing at this time.
(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)