On August 12th, Amstel Light and Boston Magazine will host the 4th annual Battle of the Burger (tickets still available here!).
Everyone’s always competing for the best burger, so Amstel Light, The Official Beer of the Burger™, is on a quest to find and crown the best restaurant in Beantown.
32 restaurants will be competing for bragging rights by popular vote and will win a trip to the 10th Annual Amstel Light Burger Bash at The South Beach Wine and Food Festival in February.
The Blue Ox has won the past two years. Second and third place in 2014 was Joe’s American Bar & Grill and Lincoln Tavern, respectively.
Attending the event? Share photos using #BurgerBattle!
- The Blue Ox: Sin Burger – USDA ‘Prime’ beef, applewood smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, truffle aioli, lettuce, tomato, served on a Brioche bun with a spicy Maitland Mountain Farm pickle
- Five Napkin Burger: Onion Blue Burger – Fresh ground beef, Maytag blue cheese, caramelized onions and crispy shallots on a sesame brioche roll
- Amrheins: Veggie Burger – Diced veggies (onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, celery, zucchini, summer squash, chives), chopped garlic, quinoa, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, tofu, soy tempeh, deli deluxe roll, chipotle aioli, avocado, arugula, sliced tomato
- A & B Salem: Sweet and Salty Cow – Grilled black angus burger served with Buratta, bacon, fig jam and arugula on a Martin's Potato Roll
- Art Bar: Patio Burger – Grass fed beef, cheddar cheese, bacon, A-1 aioli, and buttermilk onion string on a brioche bun
- Back Deck: The Burger Benedict Deluxe – Charcoal-grilled 7 ounce burger served open-faced on a potato bun topped with caramelized onions, cheddar cheese, an over easy fried egg, hollandaise & sliced cherry peppers
- Blue on Highland: The Highlander – 8oz all beef patty, cheddar cheese, shredded braised short rib meat, roasted garlic Worcestershire demi-glace sauce, thinly sliced fried onion strings, butter lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, on our signature b branded toasted burger roll
- Boston Burger Company: The Sophie – Certified angus beef burger topped with prosciutto, goat cheese, crushed candied walnuts, fig jam, arugula (tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette) and balsamic glaze
- Burger Dive: Brunch Burger – 50/50 applewood bacon and grass fed beef patty, Vermont cheddar, Backyard Farms tomatoes, cage free fried egg, crispy potato chips, and iceberg lettuce
- The Chubby Chickpea: the Chickpea Burger – Chickpea burger on Cheryl Ann's Challah Roll with tomato jam, mustard greens, butter pickles and garlic mayo
- Cobblestone: The Juicy Lucy – 100% 8oz. prime angus beef, with smoked gouda, topped with dijon mustard, caramelized onion, lettuce, tomatoes, on a pretzel bun
- Common Ground: Good Burger- 8oz beef burger stuffed with gouda cheese topped with pulled pork and crispy shoestring potatoes
- Davio’s: River Rock Steak Burger – River Rock Farm burger With Vermont cheddar cheese, bacon and an herb aioli
- Foundry: The Foundry Burger – USDA prime burger, Applewood smoked bacon, smoked gouda cheese, creole remoulade, shaved dill pickle, on a brioche bun
- Fuddruckers: Black and Bleu Burger – Bacon, blue cheese, balsamic glazed onions, lettuce, and tomato
- American Joe’s Bar and Grill: The Cure – Ground steak burger topped with aged cheddar cheese, Joe's Famous Baby Back Ribs, crispy fried onion strings, a sunny side up egg, chipotle onion jam, finished with arugula on a fresh brioche bun
- KC’s Burger Bar: Not your Granny's Cadillac – Ground beef patty, homemade bacon jam, blue cheese crumbles, aged white cheddar, sliced granny smith apple, and baby kale on a potato roll
- King’s Bowl: The Don't Knock It Til Ya Try It Burger – Burger with crunchy peanut butter, bacon, grilled pineapple & Siracha
- Lincoln Tavern & Restaurant: Lincoln Slider – Prime beef, bacon aioli, sunny side up quail egg, Quinzani bun
- The Living Room: The Olympic Body – 8 oz. grilled angus patty, Shaller and Weber Double Smoked Bacon, American cheese, and an over easy egg, served on housemade maple, bourbon, and bacon glazed donuts
- Met Back Bay: Saltie Girl Burger – Wagyu burger, lobster, angry special sauce, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato
- TAMO: The TAMO Burger – Cheddar cheese, caramelized onion, bacon, lettuce, tomato, brioche bun
- Pier 6: Pier 6 Surf + Turf – Savenor's Special Beef Blend, Fried Island Creek Oysters, Vermont cheddar, smoked bacon, spicy chorizo aioli
- Precinct: PK+B Burger – Gourmet, hand formed, dry aged beef burger, infrared seared and seasoned with hand harvested sea salt and freshly cracked peppercorn, topped with Nueske's extra-thick cut bacon and Vermont aged cheddar cheese and served on a freshly baked brioche bun and alongside a tart half sour pickle
- Red Heat: Brew Burger – Sausage blended burger, beer, cheese, tavern mustard, mesquite onions and peppers on a pretzel bun
- Salvatore’s: Burger Muenster – Garlic butter toasted roll, 8 oz burger, muenster cheese, bacon, roasted garlic-parmesan ranch, confit onions, baby arugula, sliced tomato, magic spice butter
- Shake Shack: Roadside Shack – American cheeseburger topped with bacon caramelized onions
- Tony C’s Sports Bar and Grill: The #25 Burger – Vermont cheddar, crispy pork belly, fried egg, smokey hoisin sauce, sesame brioche
- Under Fire: Ghost Burger – 1/2 lb beef patty, ghost pepper jack cheese, braised pork belly, avocado, garlic jalapeno aioli, lettuce and tomato
- W Hotel: The Finish Line Burger – Grilled beef patty, Grafton smoked cheddar, roasted poblano, fried onions, cherrywood smoked bacon, sweet gherkin aioli, brioche roll
- Wheelhouse: The Charlie Sheen – House made bacon, thin sliced onion, and pickled cherry peppers smashed into the beef patty and topped with our house made Mexican street corn
- Tasty Burger: The Big Tasty – Cheeseburger topped with tomato, lettuce, red onion, pickle, and Tasty Sauce