BOSTON (WHDH) - Hundreds of guests were forced out into the street late Tuesday night after high carbon monoxide levels prompted fire officials to evacuate a hotel in Boston.

The Double Tree by Hilton on Washington Street was cleared out just after midnight so fire crews could identify the issue and make the building safe.

The approximately 500 guests were allowed back into their rooms around midnight.

No additional information was immediately available.

This is a developing news story; stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for the latest details.

(Copyright (c) 2023 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox