PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A natural gas leak from somewhere inside the house caused an explosion and fire that tore apart a triple-decker in Pawtucket and left a man and baby badly burned.

Pawtucket Fire Chief William Sisson says the explosion at the Mineral Spring Avenue dwelling this month has been ruled accidental. He says utility inspectors checked gas lines from the street to the building and ruled out a leak there.

Sisson says fire investigators could not determine the ignition source and may never know because the building was so heavily damaged.

What was left of the building was torn down.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox