The Chipotle at Cleveland Circle in Boston was given approval to reopen Thursday after it passed inspection, but faced an unexpected delay due to a water leak.
The re-opening was postponed while crews work to repair the leak.
City health inspectors were on the scene at the restaurant on Beacon Street Wednesday, where they spent about an hour doing sanitation tests and going over procedures with employees. Boston health inspectors gave the restaurant a 100 percent to pass inspection and said it can reopen.
"It’s clean, it’s disinfected, it’s clear of all products. The employees and everyone in there has been cleared by the Public Health Commission, so we’re looking pretty good," said John Meaney of Boston Inspectional Services.
Meaney said a manager at the Chipotle was fired after having an employee work while sick.
The restaurant closed more than two weeks ago after more than 150 people who ate there were infected with the Norovirus. Most of those who fell ill were Boston College students.
(Copyright (c) 2015 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)