READING, MASS. (WHDH) - Emergency crews responded in Reading Monday after a fire broke out in a building on Mineral Street, officials said. 

The Reading Fire Department said the fire started on the third floor of the building near Mineral Street’s intersection with Hancock Street. 

Reading police in a subsequent post on Facebook shared photos showing smoke rising from the building as emergency crews responded. 

Part of Mineral Street was shut down as of around 9 a.m., according to police.

Reading fire officials said seven apartments had to evacuate as a result of this fire. Two dogs were also rescued.

The fire department said one apartment was damaged. There were no injuries.

(Copyright (c) 2023 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox