WINCHESTER, MASS. (WHDH) - A dog was killed and a teenager was rushed to the hospital after a home went up in flames in Winchester Sunday morning.

The fire occurred shortly after 10:00 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Richardson Street.

Fire officials say a lacrosse stick sparked the flames.

Investigators someone placed the lacrosse stick on a couch and the laces, which were still hot from being burned as part of the repairs, set the couch on fire.

The teenager was taken to Mass General Hospital and is expected to be OK.


(Copyright (c) 2024 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox