Walden Schmidt is a lovelorn Internet billionaire with an innocence born out of his lifelong dependence on others to take care of him. After a failed attempt to drown himself in the ocean after his wife kicked him out, a suicidal Walden stumbles into a Malibu beach house, where tightly-wound, twice-divorced chiropractor Alan Harper and his underachieving teenage son, Jake, had been living with Alan’s now-deceased brother for the past eight years. With no place to go, Walden buys the house and invites Alan to remain there, saving Alan from having to move in with his narcissistic, emotionally toxic mother, Evelyn. Walden asks Berta, a domineering, unapologetically blue-collar housekeeper who has been working in the household, to stay as well. Despite his unsuccessful history with women, Alan unexpectedly finds himself mentoring Walden, who has severely limited dating experience. While Walden, Alan and Jake adjust to their new living arrangement, they create a surrogate family unit that promises to make each a better man.
- 7Weather: Cooler & Less Humid
- Mass. restaurant recognized for having one of the best sandwiches in America
- Boston man wins $2 million on Mass. lottery ‘Cashword’ scratch ticket
- Westwood police seek help in search for missing woman last seen walking dog
- Chicago-area hospital’s role in womb-cutting case questioned
- More Trending Stories…