E-cigarette explodes in Chelmsford hotel

CHELMSFORD, MASS. (WHDH) - Fire crews rushed to the Radisson Hotel in Chelmsford early Saturday morning after an e-cigarette caused a small explosion.

Police said the cigarette was charging in a room when it blew up, causing a small fire.

The entire hotel was evacuated.

Police said one person was taken to the hospital with injuries.

(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)