The State Fire Marshal has ruled a fatal Brockton apartment fire that happened in December an accident. 

The fire killed 68-year-old Robert Samuels, a disabled veteran who lived in the one-bedroom apartment. 

The fire occurred inside the bedroom of the third-floor apartment and the fire damage was limited to Samuels and his bed. The air mattress he used was totally destroyed, the Fire Marshal said. 

According to the Fire Marshal, investigators cannot rule out the improper disposal of smoking materials or electrical as possible causes, but there are no signs that the fire was intentionally set. 

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox