BOSTON (WHDH) - Several dozen people were displaced after a fire at an apartment complex in Mattapan on Saturday.

Firefighters responded to reports of an explosion at 110 Livermore St. in Mattapan at 12:30 p.m. and found a gas-fed fire in the laundry room, officials said.

No one was injured and the building was evacuated.

Officials said the fire caused $200,000 in damages and the Red Cross is assisting those displaced.

This is a developing news story; stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for the latest details.

(Copyright (c) 2023 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox