QUINCY, MASS. (WHDH) - Firefighters battled a blaze and 90-degree heat at a house fire in Quincy Monday.

Firefighters responding to reports of a blaze at a Hanna Street home eventually struck four alarms, and all firefighters were ordered out of the building, officials said.

Members of the household all got out safely and said the fire appeared to start in the rear of the home.

“I couldn’t see and it was like really hard to breathe and so I got out of there after three minutes and the whole house, actually like the propane tank I think blew up, and the whole side of the house got a lot worse,” Gianna Parsons said. She lives next door and ran into the house to try and rescue the family’s dogs.

Multiple firefighters had to be treated for heat exhaustion.

Neighbors told 7NEWS the propane tank attached to the grill exploded and sent flames roaring through the structure spreading to two nearby homes.

A cat is still unaccounted for.

This is a developing news story; stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for the latest details.

(Copyright (c) 2022 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox