PLYMPTON, MASS. (WHDH) - Firefighters are reminding homeowners to get their chimney cleaned every year following a house fire in Plympton on Sunday morning.
Crews responding to a report of a chimney fire on Main Street before 10 a.m. found the flames had spread to the roof. The fire was brought under control after about 10 minutes.
There were no reported injuries.
“This incident could have been a lot worse and is a good reminder to make sure your chimney is inspected and cleaned yearly,” the Plympton Fire Department wrote on Facebook.
(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)