Firefighters rescue woman trapped in Lawrence fire

LAWRENCE, Mass. (WHDH) — A woman was rescued early Wednesday morning from an intense fire at a three-family home in Lawrence.

Crews responded around 2:30 a.m. to the blaze at 18 Arlington Street.

Officials say they had to use a ladder to rescue a woman trapped on a third-floor balcony as the fire burned around her.

The woman was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be OK.

The Lawrence fire chief says the home sustained about $200,000 in damage.

Fourteen people were displaced by the fire. No other injuries were reported.

The chief says the fire was sparked by an unattended candle.

7’s Kim Lucey spoke with the woman and other witnesses at the scene; watch the video above to hear from them.