WOBURN, MASS. (WHDH) - Crews battled freezing temps Sunday night while trying to extinguish a fire at a Woburn home.
Julie Centeno, who lives in the home, said she was cooking with her fiancé when a fire started spreading through the attic of their two family home.
Centeno and her fiancé left the home without grabbing anything. Inside the home, there were two important items for Centeno’s big day—her dress and diamond ring.
While firefighters tended to the flames, they searched for Centeno’s most precious belongings.
We made a point to the guys going, that during course of our job, to save her wedding dress and her diamond ring,” Woburn Fire Chief Stephen Adgate said.
Sure enough, the dress was saved.
“I’m so happy she was able to get the dress, and I still didn’t see the dress, so, still good there,” Centeno’s fiancé, Curtis Wilson, said.
All five people who live in the home were able to make it out safely. There have been reported injuries.
There has been no word yet on the cause of the fire.
(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)