ANDOVER, MASS. (WHDH) - The Andover Fire Department responded to a hotel that was evacuated Friday due to high levels of carbon monoxide.

According to the department, firefighters responded to a LaQuinta In and Suites on River Road after the hotel’s CO detector went off.

Officials began monitoring the CO levels and found a reading of 100 parts per million in the hotel laundry room.

Fire companies coordinated with Andover Police to evacuate 60 of the hotel’s 168 rooms.

Officials set up a series of ventilation stands to eliminate the CO from the building. When levels returned to zero parts per million reading, guests were permitted to return to their rooms.

Columbia Gas, which was on scene, determined which appliances caused the high levels of CO and has subsequently shut them down. Those units are expected to be replaced.


(Copyright (c) 2023 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox