BOSTON (WHDH) - Boston firefighters were on scene in the North End on Sunday after a hoverboard started a fire that caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.

Crews arrived at 9:03 p.m. Sunday night on Hanover Street for a building fire on the third floor of a four-story wood frame building.

Residents from three apartments were displaced from the fire.

The Boston Fire Chief estimated $100,000 in damage from the fire.

Firefighters estimate the fire started in a hoverboard on the third floor.

Officials said this is the first hoverboard fire ever in the city of Boston.

No one was hurt in the fire.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox