Investigators: Laptop battery caused house fire in Wilbraham

Investigators determined that a laptop battery was the cause of an explosive scene at a house in Wilbraham.

They say the battery exploded while the laptop was charging, causing a fire earlier this week.

A woman and two dogs who were home at the time, were able to get out safely.

The room the laptop was in was destroyed, and there was smoke damage throughout the house.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)