EVERETT, MASS. (WHDH) - As companies try to come up with a plan to reopen after the pandemic, many know it will not be business as usual.
This includes casinos — and the Encore Boston Harbor is no different. The company has been putting the finishing touches on its plan to keep people safe once the stay-at-home advisory is lifted.
“What we do know for sure is it will not be as simple as unlocking the doors and switching the lights back on,” said Mass. Gaming Commission Chair Cathy Judd-Stein.
The goal is to make every person visiting and working in a casino feel safe.
Wynn, the company that runs Encore, has developed a program for its properties in Las Vegas aimed at that very thing.
Encore officials told 7NEWS the plan will be similar here.
So, when guests come back to Encore, they will likely see:
- That valet services won’t be available
- That they’ll have their temperature taken before entering
- That they’ll get a bag with masks and hand sanitizer to use on the property
- All bell carts getting sanitized in between each use
- Only four people allowed in an elevator at a time
- Inside each room, a spray bottle of sanitizer and wipes
On the casino floor, there will be changes too:
- Things like opening every other game table
- Removing chairs from tables to limit the number of people gathering.
- Moving slot machines so they are 6-feet apart.
“Plans understandably continue to evolve as new information and data becomes available,” Judd-Stein said. “Whatever these plans will require a robust public education campaign for customers and employees.”
Right now, there is no set date for reopening but, when it does happen, the casinos will look different than when they closed.
Officials are also working on plans for the restaurants, retail stores, and housekeeping.
Those who got to the resorts will be asked to briefly lower their masks so they may be identified.
Click here for more coronavirus coverage.
(Copyright (c) 2022 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)