Fire causes explosion in North Reading garage

NORTH READING, MASS. (WHDH) - A fire and explosion destroyed a garage in North Reading Thursday evening.

The fire started in a house’s garage on Eams Street. Firefighters said there was propane and natural gas inside, which caused the explosion. While the fire spread to the house, it only damaged the house’s exterior.

No one was injured in the fire.

(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)