MATTAPAN (WHDH) – A young man in Mattapan was injured after witnesses say a firework he was holding exploded.
Police say the victim is a teenager.
Neighbors on Woodbole Avenue in Mattapan say the young man had to be hospitalized Saturday after he injured himself with a firecracker.
Neighbors rushed in to help and tended to the victim just seconds after the incident, according to witnesses.
Witnesses described what happened to 7’s Adam Bagni. Watch the video above to hear from them.
(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)