A suspect and two victims are dead after two separate stabbing incidents at a house and mall in Taunton.

According to State Police, two stabbings occurred at the Silver City Galleria Mall after the suspect crashed a car into the front of a store.

The two other stabbings happened at a home on Myricks Street.

Officials said the suspect, identified as 28-year-old Arthur Darosa, stabbed two women, a mother and daughter, inside while they were having dinner. The 80-year-old mother, Patricia Slavin, was pronounced dead. Her daughter Kathleen was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Officials said Darosa then stole a car and drove it to the Silver City Galleria Mall. Witnesses reported seeing the car driving erratically through the mall’s parking lot. Police said Darosa crashed the stolen car into the entrance of the Macy’s at the mall, then went inside and assaulted three women at the department store.

The three women who were assaulted have been identified as Wendy Ann Oliveira, 45 Berkeley; Laura Miola, 65 of Taunton; and Jucelia Gleason, 38 of Taunton. Oliveira and Gleason were transported to Morton Hospital and released. Miola was transported to Morton and then transferred to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. She is expected to recover.

Officials said Darosa then left Macy’s and went to the Bertucci’s, where he grabbed a knife started stabbing a waitress, identified as Sheenah Savoy.

George Heath, 56, was eating dinner with his wife at Bertucci’s, saw the stabbing taking place, and ran over to intervene, according to the Bristol County District Attorney.

“His actions of heroism should not be forgotten,” DA Tom Quinn said. “He quite possibly saved her life.”

Heath was a teacher at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School. He died as a result of his wounds.

“My husband was a loving, caring man. He loved teaching his students. That was everything to him,” said Heath’s wife Rosemary.

Savoy is now in serious condition after she was stabbed multiple times.

Officials said Darosa was shot at the mall by an off-duty Plymouth County sheriff’s deputy. The sheriff’s deputy ordered Darosa to drop his knife before shooting him.

Witnesses told 7News that they saw people running out of the mall and heard gunfire. Witnesses reported seeing police officers with guns drawn and that the mall was evacuated.

Quinn said Darosa was at a soccer field with his children before the incident. It’s reported he got a phone call while at the soccer field, and appeared upset afterwards.

According to DA Quinn, Darosa left the game, drove down Myrick Street and hit a parked car. He then got out of his car, tried to enter multiple homes, eventually gaining entry into Slavin’s home.

(Copyright (c) 2023 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox