Daniel Leavitt Shores grew up in a hardworking family in Carver, where he learned a strong work ethic and the value of an honest day’s labor. Dan will never forget what his father, who operated a logging company, once said in a speech: “the working man is the real hero.” From his first job weeding cranberry bogs, to working as a logger, to studying engineering, directing capital campaigns, studying law, and practicing law, Dan, like many Americans, achieved his goals through sacrifice and perseverance, while financing his college and law school educations by himself. Dan’s values, his legal skills, his tireless work ethic, his solid intellectual grounding in law, business and technology, and his personal understanding of the needs of families and businesses in Massachusetts, make Dan an ideal candidate to represent the 9th Congressional District. Dan is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire and Georgetown University Law Center. He lives in Sandwich, where he owns and operates his own law practice, and is near his family in Massachusetts including his parents, grandmother, siblings, nieces, nephews, and large extended family.
- 7Weather: Another Hot One: Heat Advisory for Sunday
- Kowloon announces lineup of upcoming drive-in movies
- Police: Pharmacist drugged, repeatedly raped woman he met online after ‘promising to heal her medical conditions’
- Mass. educators: No consensus with state on school reopening
- Tuscan Kitchen opens 22,000-square-foot ‘outdoor oasis’ in Boston’s Seaport
- Important information for DISH customers
- Click here for more coronavirus coverage