HANOVER, N.H. (WHDH) - Authorities in New Hampshire are investigating multiple reports of bomb threats that appeared to have targeted colleges and universities across the state.

The state’s Department of Safety said a single phone number was likely responsible for making bomb threats to nearly 10 places of higher learning.

Following a preliminary investigation on Tuesday, officials found no information that indicated any of the threats were credible.

According to a press release, the caller is believed to have used a spoofed number and may have been calling from overseas.

No institutions were named in the release, though Dartmouth College announced details of an alleged bomb threat incident Tuesday afternoon.

The college said police in Hanover received the threat around 1:35 p.m., and that it was directed at a “nonexistent room” at a building at the Geisel School of Medicine.

First responders searched the building and found no threat, according to their announcement.

Dartmouth noted similar false alarms and threats had been called in to schools elsewhere in the country, as well.

(Copyright (c) 2022 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox