NANTUCKET, MASS. (WHDH) - Nantucket Police previously sounded the alarm over an incoming flight to the island’s airport that bore some similarities to the flight that dropped nearly 50 migrants on Martha’s Vineyard last month.

Now, they’re saying there’s no cause for concern.

As 7NEWS previously reported, Nantucket Memorial Airport Operations alerted police on Oct. 7 about a reported flight scheduled to arrive in Nantucket on Tuesday, Oct. 11. Airport officials recognized many similarities to the flight of migrants brought into Martha’s Vineyard.

Nantucket Memorial Airport Operations contacted the charter company, and they reported the chartered flight is a business flight for a group out of Chicago, police said.

Nantucket Police said in the event there is an arrival of a plane carrying migrants, the department and other town departments have a plan to manage the situation.

However, in an Oct. 10 update, Nantucket Police said they spoke directly with the charter company, who confirmed that the flight will be carrying executives from an investment company.

“We believe this information to be credible,” police said in a statement. “Nothing further.”

New documents revealed Florida officials planned the flight transporting migrants to Martha’s Vineyard as early as this past July, at least two months prior to their arrival. Island officials never received notice the migrants were scheduled to arrive.

According to documents, only migrants from Florida were scheduled to be relocated to other states, and on a voluntary basis. The migrants flown to the vineyard by Gov. Ron DeSantis were from Texas.

(Copyright (c) 2024 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox