ALFRED, Maine (AP) — The sentencing of a former Massachusetts priest for sexually assaulting an altar boy in Maine has been pushed back to allow for a mental health evaluation.

Ronald Paquin was found guilty of 11 of 24 counts of gross sexual misconduct in November. The Portland Press Herald reports lawyers for Paquin filed a motion last week to request the evaluation and a judge granted it.

A man who came forward as the victim and testified against Paquin, says the delay is a violation of his own rights. He says he feels like he’s “being victimized again” by the delay in sentencing Paquin. The 44-year-old testified the abuse began decades ago.

Officials at York County Superior Court say Paquin is due back in court on March 29 for a conference.

(Copyright (c) 2021 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox